Balfor Social care is currently recruiting for experienced Support workers to work within Stourport on severn , Kidderminster and Worcester on a flexible basis. The nature of this role is to support adults with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Challenging behaviour within a supported living service.
We are looking for individuals who are:
Experienced in supporting individuals with learning disabilities and mental health.
Patient, sensitive and caring towards the needs of vulnerable people.
- You will be providing support to each service user taking them on outings within the local community, arranging indoor and outdoor activities.
- Supporting residents with general daily duties some may require personal care.
- You will play an active part in creating a safe environment for each service user and work professionally to meet individual needs implementing care plans and promoting self – help personal life skills.
- You will be required to work during the week and weekends at times you may be required to work waking night shifts where necessary.
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience supporting adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Challenging Behaviour
- Enhanced DBS Check (Updated) or willing to undergo a new check
- Have excellent communication skills, are a great team player, are flexible and have can do attitude
- Driving licence with access to a car (Desired)
- MAPA trained / NAPPI trained
- Mandatory care training
- Safeguarding training
We are looking for passionate, vibrant and dedicated support workers to join the team. Please note this is a temporary role. If you are looking for new opportunities apply today. Alternatively you can contact Jasmine on 0121 260 0002.
Should you not here from us within 7 days your application your application was unsuccessful.