Balfor is currently looking for a experienced SpLD Study tutor to work in Canterbury as part of our support team within education providers.
The role will consist of providing one to one support to address the issues that some students may have in terms of acquiring recalling and retaining information. The students will require ongoing support throughout their studies as they have Dyslexia/Dyspraxia or both .
You will need substantial experience working with disabilities and / or specific learning difficulties on a one to one basis and will need to have in depth understanding of the effects of specific learning disabilities.
You will be required to support students in 1-3 hour sessions based on their 30 hours entitlement for the academic year.
• Previous experience of working in this capacity.
• Degree in Teaching.
• A recognised SpLD / Dyslexia Qualification.
• Previous experience working within Higher education Establishment.
• A member of PATOSS, BDA or ADSHE Dyslexia guild.
• Enhanced DBS check registered on the Update service.
If you’re interested in this role you can click “apply now” to forward an up to date copy of your CV.
Should you not here from us within 7 days your application your application was unsuccessful.