Balfor recruitments are currently looking to recruit a Speech & Language Therapist to work in a specialist environment providing therapy to young adults in Birmingham.
- You will work independently and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to support and develop the speech, language, communication and interaction needs of the students.
- Create therapy plans to meet the needs of the individual students and their environment alongside supporting key staff.
- Support and deliver an independence curriculum following a therapeutic framework.
- Organise and plan your designated caseload ensuring timely and effective management.
- Identify and implement appropriate formal informal assessments of complex students’ speech, language, communication and interaction needs within the context of the classroom, wider school situations, residential environment and community providing comprehensive analysis of the results.
- Maintain up to date and accurate clinical notes in line with RCSLT professional standards, GDPR and the department’s therapy policy.
- Registered member of RCSLT and HCPC.
- Hold a professional Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent.
- Work within the RCSLT clinical guidelines and HCPC standards.
- Enhanced DBS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to others and develop good working relationships.
What you’ll get in return:
As well as an attractive and competitive hourly rate, a dedicated consultant, you will gain experience of working within a educational environment and a good insight into the education sector. We’re extremely proud to have been assisting schools colleges and universities in these areas for several years. You will also join our refer a friend scheme where you could be entitled to receive £200 in vouchers.
What you need to do now:
If you’re interested in this role then click “apply now” to forward an up to date copy of your CV.