£19,000-20,000 plus sleep in allowance
We are looking recruiting for a passionate and experienced Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker to work within a 3-bed home in Handsworth Birmingham.
You could be joining private, specialist residential home for Children with Emotional Behavioural difficulties, Challenging Behaviour supporting Children and Young people up to the age of 18.
We are seeking a senior support worker who is positive, encouraging and has natural leadership qualities.
- Hold a relevant Level 3 Qualification in health and Social care.
- Previous experience working as a senior (Desired).
- 2 years minimum working with children and young people.
- Previous experience working within a residential setting.
- Flexible to travel and work shifts including sleep in shifts.
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
- Assertive in difficult situations.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
As a senior support worker you will:
- Lead shifts and supervise a team of support workers
- Organising and accompanying the young people on social activities and appointments
- Working closely with the management team to ensure the service maintains excellent standards Building relationships with young people
- Recording the young person’s activity reporting key aspects of their care
- Promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills
Please apply with your up to date CV.