Balfor recruitment are currently recruiting for experienced Support workers to work in and around Stroud on a flexible basis. The nature of this role is to support adults with either Learning disabilities, Mental Health, Physical disabilities and Challenging behaviour.
We are looking for support workers who can support individuals in a residential and supported living setting. We are also looking for support workers who can work various shift patterns including Sleep in shifts in advance or cover last minuet requirements.
- NVQ 2 in health and social or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience support worker experience
- Experience supporting adults with, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Challenging Behaviour.
- Enhanced DBS Check (Updated) or willing to undergo a new check.
- Have excellent communication skills, are a great team player, are flexible and have can do attitude.
Driving licence with access to a car (Desired).
- MAPA trained (Desired).
- Mandatory care training.
- Safeguarding training.
- As a support worker you will be providing support to each service user taking them on outings within the local community, arranging indoor and outdoor activities.
- Supporting residents with general daily duties including personal care.
- As a support worker you will need to be patient, sensitive and caring towards the needs of vulnerable people.
- You will play an active part in creating a safe environment for each service user and work professionally to meet individual needs implementing care plans and promoting self – help personal life skills.
- You will be required to work during the week and weekends at times you may be required to work waking night shifts where necessary.
We are looking for passionate, vibrant and dedicated support workers to join the team. Please note this is a temporary role. If you are looking for new opportunities apply today.
Alternatively, you can contact Jasmine on 0121 260 0002.
Should you not here from us within 7 days your application your application was unsuccessful.